Welcome to Pest Animal Salem! We are a wildlife removal company servicing Salem, OR.
On the hunt for a fast wildlife removal service? That's exactly what we can provide for you, with the option to book same or next-day appointments. When you bear in mind the many threats and disease concerns that these pests and wild animals can bring along for the ride, resolving the problem quickly and effectively is a must.
What do we do? We take away those pesky pests that ruin your beautiful lawn, often including moles, voles, rats, and various other digging animals.
How we do it? Well, we personally make sure that every single one of your pesky pests has been safely and humanely removed from the property, preventing them from destroying your green lawn. Moles are just one of the animals that can cause lawn damage, but they're not the only one. We'll diagnose the problem, and then we'll take it away, leaving your home back in the state of happy equilibrium it should be in.
We don't just remove; we repair, too! Wild animals can wreak havoc in your home, tearing ducts and vents apart, chewing through electrical wires, and even damaging your personal property. We can't replace the personal property, of course, but we can help to solve those other critter-damage problems. Give us a call today for a free quote and to get a better idea of exactly how much our services could benefit you and your home. Call us now at 541-418-4228 for your Salem wildlife control needs.
About Pest Animal Salem and Our Services:
Mice are small critters that are often kept as pets. If you find you have one in your home that was not invited in, you might be looking for a way to get rid of it. There are a multitude of old wives' tales that will tell you how to get rid of mice. Even though none of them are substantiated, they might be worth a try.
Smells that repel mice
· Mothballs. Mothballs are a traditional remedy for any sort of infestation. They leave everything smelling terrible and seldom repel the pests that they are meant to. The pressing concerns regarding these are that they have been found to possess carcinogenic properties (cause cancer in humans) and they are extremely bad for the environment.
· Ammonia. This strong-smelling liquid can be found in most homes. They are better applied to cleaning up the mess after you have gotten rid of the mice.
· Peppermint or citronella oil. The only thing that makes people believe this would work is the fact that it has a remarkably pungent scent in its concentrated form.
· Predator urine. This can be purchased on the internet and is frequently used outside of the home. While it might deter other animals, it is unproven to deter mice.
· Cat litter has been rumored to be just the thing you need. As mice are naturally suspicious of cats, this should keep them away.
· Pepper. In particular cayenne pepper. The strong-smelling spice will burn the nostrils and is rumored to make them seek shelter elsewhere.
If the strong-smelling deterrents have proven useless there are other ways to make your home less appealing.
· Make sure that food is stored in airtight containers. Mice will easily chew through a cardboard box to get what is inside. Proper food storage will eliminate their food source. Which is the reason that they are there in the first place.
· Instant potatoes sprinkled around your pantry will entice the mice to eat that instead. It swells when it comes into contact with water and will kill the mice before they can get to your food.
· Make sure that there are no holes where they can come in. This is the easiest way to keep them from becoming a nuisance. Be careful to seal holes where pipes and wires enter your home. The hole might not seem very big, but that will not stop a mouse from climbing through.
· If there are holes present fill them with steel wool or chalk before closing them up. Mice are unable to chew through them, and they will not be using that hole again.
· Clear away woodpiles and overgrown bushes next to your home. These are the ideal places for mice to nest. It is an easy transition from your backyard to your bedroom.
· Electronic mouse traps work with batteries and send a strong current through the mouse when it enters it. It is an effective and painless way to kill them.